There is a plethora of supplements available at your local grocery store, online retailers, and pharmacy stores, although the label may claim to be a high-grade supplement, how do you truly verify if this is the fact? Unless you have proper training about therapeutic and safe levels of each nutrient and explore the standards of that supplement company, you are purchasing a product that may not be safe or that your body can not simply use.
Love and Lullabies teamed up with Fullscript, the high-quality online professional supplement dispensary that I use to support the mother’s wellness journey to, through, and after pregnancy! This helps to take out the guesswork and the confusion of selecting a good supplement; We’ve done all the hard work for you. The supplement formulary, which you’ll find access to below, is my partnership with Fullscript,
Vitamins Made Simple.
Good for You!
So many women feel overwhelmed, frustrated, and invisible by the healthcare system, and confused by the array of supplements and products to choose from. And many are expensive. Common questions I receive are:
- Which product?
- Which supplement?
- Which brand?
- How much of this nutrient?
- Is there anything else I can do?
- Is this safe?
I hear you. You want access to the health you deserve for you and your baby at a price that fits your budget.
My goal is to ensure you get access to ‘la crème de la crème’ or the best of the best at affordable prices.
While no one supplement can make up for a poor diet, it can support the mother as she transitions into, through, and after pregnancy. In fact, pregnancy is very energy and nutrient-demanding coupled with morning sickness and a stomach being compressed by the baby, it can be challenging to get in adequate nutrients.
The right supplements combined with a healthy diet create the foundation for a healthy mother and baby.– Dr. Powell
The research and practice of medicine are ever-evolving. Instead of you reading all the latest books, articles, and latest research, leave it up to me. I promise to keep updated on all the changes and recommendations and make supplement recommendations that are in alignment with good medicine.
Let’s do this together and get you high-quality and affordable supplements!
Your health and that of your baby depend on it.
Supplements contain higher amounts of nutrients then traditionally found in foods; just because something is natural doesn’t mean it is safe. Adverse reactions or negative reactions to supplements, although rare, they can occur in anyone. Therefore, safe use of supplements is important. Before you start any supplement, here are a few key safety rules:
- Do not start supplements if you’re on a prescription medication without the guidance of a licensed healthcare provider, preferably the one prescribing those medications. Not all herbs, supplements, and medications go well together.
- More is not better. Do not exceed the daily doses or length of time for use and consult with your healthcare provider if you have further questions.
- If you develop a new symptom within a few days of starting a supplement-rash, dirrhea or constipation, nausea, stomach pain- with no other explanation for the symptom, stop the supplement and contact your healthcare provider.
- Use only reliable supplements. Just because you can purchase it online or at your local grocery store, does not mean it is a reliable or safe supplement.
Brands we Love
Likewise, finding quality products that work, resources that are helpful, and books that give sound advise can be difficult. Here is a list of my favorite brands that I personally used to support pregnancy and postpartum recovery!
A nationally certified Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Fitness Nutrition Specialist, Cycling Instructor, and Pre/post-natal Trainer with 20+ years of experience. My goal is to inspire others to pursue a fit and healthy lifestyle and have fun while doing it. Let me be part of YOUR health and wellness journey and let’s keep fit together!
- Coordinated Pushing Instructor teaching you how to quickly and effectively get the baby down the birthing canal and into your arms!