When you walk into a store or search online, you’ll find a lot of different supplements available. Some of them claim to be of high quality, but it can be tough to know for sure. Without proper knowledge about what you need and which supplements are safe, you could be wasting your money or putting yourself at risk.
That’s why Love and Lullabies has partnered with Fullscript, an online store that only sells high-quality supplements. Together, we’ve made a list of supplements that are perfect for supporting your wellness during and after pregnancy. We understand that this can be confusing and overwhelming, but we want to make it easy for you.
By using our partnership with Fullscript, you can trust that the supplements you’re taking are safe and effective. Check out the list below to see what we recommend, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. We’re here to support you on your journey to motherhood!
Vitamins Made Simple.
Good for You!
So many women feel overwhelmed, frustrated, and invisible by the healthcare system, and confused by the array of supplements and products to choose from. And many are expensive. Common questions I receive are:
- What nutrients should I look for?
- Take with or without food?
- Why do prenatal vitamins matter?
- Are gummies a good option?
- Which brand is the best?
- When should I start taking them?
- How much of each nutrient?
- Is this one safe?
- Are there any side effects?
I hear you. You want access to the health you deserve for you and your baby at a price that fits your budget.
My goal is to ensure you get access to ‘la crème de la crème’ or the best of the best at affordable prices.
While no one supplement can make up for a poor diet, it can support the mother as she transitions into, through, and after pregnancy. In fact, pregnancy is very energy and nutrient-demanding coupled with morning sickness and a stomach being compressed by the baby, it can be challenging to get in adequate nutrients.
By combining the right supplements with a healthy diet, you can build a strong foundation for the health of both you and your baby.– Dr. Powell
The field of medicine is constantly advancing and keeping up with the latest research can be overwhelming. Don’t worry, I’m here to help! You can count on me to stay up-to-date on the latest developments and recommendations. I’ll provide you with expert guidance and supplement recommendations that align with the best practices of modern medicine. Let me take care of staying informed so that you can focus on your health and well-being.
Let’s work together to find high-quality and affordable supplements that can benefit both your health and your baby’s.
Your well-being is of the utmost importance, and I am confident that we can find the right supplements to support you both!
Supplements often contain higher amounts of nutrients than those traditionally found in foods, but their natural origins do not guarantee their safety. While adverse reactions to supplements are rare, they can happen to anyone, making safe use critical. Before starting any supplement, it is essential to follow these key safety guidelines:
- Firstly, do not begin taking supplements while on prescription medication without the guidance of a licensed healthcare provider, preferably the one prescribing your medication. Not all herbs, supplements, and medications work well together.
- Secondly, do not assume that more is better. Do not exceed the recommended daily doses or length of use and seek guidance from your healthcare provider if you have any questions.
- If you experience any new symptoms within a few days of starting a supplement, such as a rash, diarrhea or constipation, nausea, or stomach pain, and you cannot explain the symptom, stop taking the supplement and contact your healthcare provider.
- Lastly, only use reliable supplements. Just because a supplement is available online or at your local grocery store does not guarantee its safety or reliability.
Brands we Love
Similarly, it can be challenging to discover effective products, useful resources, and books that offer reliable advice. To assist you in supporting your pregnancy and postpartum recovery, I have compiled a list of my preferred brands that I have personally used and recommend.
A nationally certified Personal Trainer, Group Fitness Instructor, Fitness Nutrition Specialist, Cycling Instructor, and Pre/post-natal Trainer with 20+ years of experience. My goal is to inspire others to pursue a fit and healthy lifestyle and have fun while doing it. Let me be part of YOUR health and wellness journey and let’s keep fit together!
- Coordinated Pushing Instructor teaching you how to quickly and effectively get the baby down the birthing canal and into your arms!